Summer is knocking on everyone’s doors, which means we are rapidly approaching the most popular time of year for people to move. Between the warm weather, school vacation, and longer daylight hours, there is no shortage of reasons why summer is a convenient time to relocate.
However, just because it’s the peak moving season that doesn’t mean there aren’t steps to take to ensure that your move is a successful and smooth move. In addition to working with full-service movers, there are a number of ways to make your summer relocation a smooth success. In this article, our expert moving team at Booth Movers has provided some of our most useful moving tips to help you make the most out of your summertime move.
Making Summer Work for You
The further ahead you can plan your move, the better your chances of keeping your move stress-free and relaxed. That being said, sometimes planning is not always an option, which is why we have provided tips that work no matter how much time you have to get moving.
- Schedule a Morning Move: Summer is a busy time for any reputable NJ moving company, so try to schedule ahead of time as much as possible. While doing so, schedule a morning slot to minimize the impact of the heat. While you may have to wake up early, you won’t be as hot and sticky—and will probably be able to move a lot faster and easier than later in the day.
- Garage Sale Time: Chances are you have a lot more things lying around than you actually plan to take with you. Summer is the perfect time of the year to get rid of what you don’t want anymore with a garage sale. The weather is perfect meaning more people will come. Plus, you might get a little extra moving money back from the sale. Whatever doesn’t get sold, you can donate or recycle.
- Packing Supplies Matter: The last thing you want when its hot, humid, and miserable feeling is packing with sub-par materials. Get professional moving boxes, bubble wrap, markers, tape, and anything else needed to keep everything organized. Start by packing the items you don’t need at the moment and work your way to the more crucial items.
- Meal Planning Before a Move: Most don’t think about using up the perishable food in their home issue in a strategic manner. This is a mistake that can throw your move off and add unnecessary stress. Cease stocking food in your freezer and refrigerator as soon as you know you’re moving. After that, begin actively using up your food, as you get closer to your move date. In the summer, food spoils much quicker. A plan of action will keep you from coming across this pitfall.
- Check Your Air: Summer is famous for warm, sunny weather. It can also get unbearably hot at times, which can make moving more difficult and uncomfortable. If possible, make sure the AC works in your new home before you arrive. The last thing you want to do is move into a hot apartment with an AC unit that needs repairing or replacing.
- Hydration: Whether it’s the morning or the evening, during a summer move you will sweat. Even with professional movers helping, there is much to do on moving day. To keep going strong, drink plenty of water from start to finish. Make sure everyone who is there to help also has access to cold water to drink. Packs of water bottles go a long way on moving day.
- Pro tip: Schedule the end of service for your home’s water, gas, electricity, and/or other utilities for the day after moving day.
Summer Moving with Booth Movers
Even at the best of times, moving can be a stressful time for people looking to relocate. At Booth Movers, we understand that moving can be complicated, which is why we focus on combining our expertise with unmatched customer service to deliver a moving experience that exceeds even the highest expectations. As a fully licensed and insured, accredited ProMover, and BBB rated business, we’ve earned a reputation for excellence in the industry and are proud to be your top-rated, most trusted NJ moving company.
Our customers know they can count on us for the following:
- Free Estimates
- Packing and Crating
- Specialty Moving Services
- Storage Solutions (Short and Long-Term)
- Exceptional Customer Service
If you’re planning a summer move and need help getting started, Booth Movers is here for you. Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional moving and storage services or fill out our online form to schedule your free quote.